Thanks to Jase at Resurrected Writer for nominating me for the Reader Appreciation Award. Jase is a real peach of a guy. You can learn more about him at my other blog, olbigjim where I interviewed him.
The rules for this award are:
- Post seven interesting things about yourself,
- Nominate 5 people who in turn will post on their page the award with the link to the giver,
- Let them know about the nomination, and
- Post the award logo
Honestly, I’m not sure there are seven interesting things about me, but I’ll give it my best shot.
- I drink. A lot. There, I’ve admitted it. It’s true; I almost never drink alcohol anymore, but I do consume more than 6 liters of water every single day.
- I find it impossible to answer the question “What is your favorite food?”. I like so many different foods, and there are so few I dislike, it’s impossible for me to name a single one as ‘favorite’.
- I have social anxiety disorder. I’m never, ever comfortable in large gatherings, and avoid them whenever I can.
- I have dozens of pens, but only one I can use regularly. If I try to write with a different one, my thoughts scatter to the winds.
- I much prefer to write with a pencil; a yellow National No. 2 (from Atlanta, GA) is my favorite. I use it until I can no longer sharpen it.
- I recently published my first book, New Yesterdays. Readers are staying away from it in droves.
- I routinely carry on conversations in my head. Full conversations with multiple participants. Frequently, they seem so real that I later actually believe the conversations took place. That has caused many an argument when asked “Why didn’t you tell me about this?”.
Thanks again to my very good friend and fellow Alabamian, Jase. Be sure to check out his blog for some very interesting writings. Whilst you’re surfing, check out these fantastic bloggers, too!
Choosing just five wasn’t an easy task, but here are my nominees for the Reader Appreciation Award:
- Remembering My Grandmother’s Kitchen
- Joanne Phillips – a writer’s journey
- Making the Write Connections
- Lada Ray Blog
Be sure to visit these bloggers and leave them a comment. We all need to know someone out there in that great big world appreciates what we do.